Sunday, July 13, 2008

trail exploring part 2

OK now this trip was well worth it. This is the same area were my favorite hills are. You know the ones with the grade warning signs for bikers. So my first turn off the pavement and its this perfect dirt trial with trees on both sides. The trail is about 2-3 feet wide and perfect for running. i got a ways in and ended up in this grass field area.






i walked for a little bit in to that area but the trial pretty much disappeared. The grass was so tall that it was falling over the trial. So turned around and headed back to the last fork in the trial.







I ended going up this really steep hill and slipping a few times. At the top was large fence with barbed wire on the top. I think that is where the reservoir is for which the area is named. I then walked along the fence till there was a path back down to the pavement. OK so i may have pick a path that was even steeper than the last one. I didn't fall but i came close a few times. Then i make a turn and head down past a cell tower.... yeah I know hey that is what ya get in the city. But this was the best trail so far. It was even wider so a biker could pass if needed. At one fork in the tail i saw this very cool like tunnel of trees.






I thought that it would make a very cool pic. I really like how it turned out. I have a second one from "inside" the tunnel but the colors are way off for some reason.











So then i find this hill. i have run by this one many times before but never stopped to look up at it and dang buddy its a nice one. i really should have taking a pic from the top.
I have got to say i LOVE this reservoir woods area more and more each time i head out there. I hope to get a nice trial run out there this week Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be a nice change in my week of running. This week will be a long one i have 53 miles planed with a 20 miler on Saturday. Still trying to make up my mind if i want to do a 22 mile run the week after next or not. That is the weekend before my half marathon so i may just do 16 or 18. I'll make up my mind after the 20 miler i think.
well that is all for the weekend. ya i know its been forever since i posted twice in one weekend, let alone twice in a day. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the trail pix Bill...interesting! Those are some good hills, head back there to do some training! Hills are your friend! ;)