Monday, January 7, 2008

6.75miles pain free

well if you have been reading my blog the last few times you would know that i have been having some Achilles problems. well today i adjusted my stride a little trying to make sure i don't land all my weight on my toes. worked pretty good. the title may say pain free but not totally but also no where near what i was dealing with after Saturdays run. So for tomorrows run it looks like i am breaking out my new shoes i didn't want to have to till the trails were better but i guess it cant wait. My old shes are new balance 873's new ones are 1024's i did a little running up and down the driveway today they felt like i was running on a cloud or pillows. sooooo nice. I'll give them a intro to running tomorrow see how they like it and it they get along with my feet.

Oh looks like my running partner from Saturday wants to do a race. The frozen 5k at the winter carnival. I'll be joining her but i think i want to do the half marathon. I don't have a time i am shooting for so i will treat it as a training run and just have fun. LOL yeah right that never happens. I'll see some one ahead of me and want to pass them no mater what that's the way it always goes. this week if my shoes work out i should be able to get a bunch more miles in. I have my long run set for Wednesday rather than Saturday cause last Saturday i only got in 7.5 with the interruptions, good ones, but still interruptions.

Now the question for tomorrow is was route to take? 3 choices to pick from; my normal flat loop of 4 or 6.75 miles, hills about 8-9 depending on the turns i make or run down to my home 5k course and do two laps for 7.5 miles. I am think i need a change and i haven't done the hills in a long time so that might be good on the other hand with all the melting i may not even be able to get up the hills. Also with my long run set for the next day I'm pretty sure i will end up running my flat loop for 6.75 that would be a good comparison for the change in shoes. Or i am just thinking too much like always.

No comments: