Today was my coldest run yet. Run started at 2:00pm temp was 4 wind chill of -5 Fahrenheit. This one was a short run 3.5 miles in 29:44. Used the same outfit as last two times and it worked fine even in the colder weather. At least i know i can run even in the cold weather now and wont have to buy a treadmill for the winter. I would go nuts on a treadmill like a hamster on a wheel
head
UA hood
stocking cap
upper body
UA cold gear top
hooded sweatshirt
sugoi wind breaker
lower body
UA leggings
long underwear (for lack of anything better)
Nike dry fit pants
feet and hands
light weight sock
heavy wool socks
running shoes
UA gloves
If anyone has a suggestion for anything better I'm all ears as i am new to the whole cold weather running stuff. thanks for any help
remember to keep your feet moving and you will get somewhere
Bill
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi. Interesting to see what other winter runners are going through. This is my first winter running season too. I use a similar layer strategy, but I have to carry mittens for the wind chill areas (-24 today). Also have to deal with foggy glasses. My upper body top and middle layer both have zippers and that helps to regulate my temp on warm/cold stretches. -: 27 in ND
Hey,
Found your blog on Complete Running. Sounds like you've got the layering thing down pat. Stay warm up there; I'm in Kansas City, and it's dang cold here this weekend so I ended up on the treadmill, but once the ice melts I'm so back out there.
Topher
www.illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com
Post a Comment